Quality Management ISO 9001 accreditation for Menzies Response
We are delighted to share the news that Menzies Response has achieved ISO 9001 accreditation, the most widely recognised basic quality management system adopted worldwide.
Registration to ISO 9001 provides objective proof that we have implemented an effective quality management system, and that it satisfies all of the requirements of the standard.
What is ISO 9001?
- The most widely recognised standard is ISO 9001, a basic quality management system used in industries of any size, anywhere in the world.
- Registration to ISO 9001 provides objective proof that we have implemented an effective quality management system, and that it satisfies all of the requirements of the standard.
- We are audited by ACS Registrars who are a Certification Body who determine our conformance to the standard.
- On successful completion we are issued with an ISO 9001 certificate showing our address, scope of operations and the seals of the accreditation bodies that give the registrar its legitimacy and we are audited every year to ensure we remain compliant.
- ACS Registrars are themselves accredited by UKAS (The United Kingdom Accreditation Service) who are the sole national accreditation body recognised by Government to assess organisations that provide certification services.
What are the benefits?
Holding the certificate:
- • gives existing and prospective clients the confidence that we have control measures in place that are externally audited for compliance;
- • demonstrates we have an effective framework on which we build our processes and procedures to deliver client requirements consistently – some clients will only work with certified companies which puts us in a great position when bidding for new business.
Our success in the accreditation of ISO 9001 is a direct reflection on the commitment we show to deliver the highest possible service levels to our clients, prospective clients, suppliers and anyone we may work with. We will endeavor to continually develop and improve upon the current accreditation whilst always maintain these high standards quality service levels.